Athens (Greece), May 11th 2010
Plexscape announced on Monday the public beta of the new version of Plex.Earth Tools for AutoCAD.
Plex.Earth Tools 2.0 is the ultimate tool for professionals working on transportation, land development, water, power projects, urban planning, environmental projects, geology etc, to visualize, analyze, evaluate existing conditions and improve decision making by incorporating the power of Google Earth™ right into their AutoCAD software infrastructure.
The advanced built-in tools for imagery manipulation and mosaics creation, view and data synchronization, terrain and surfaces management will boost design, productivity and customers' impressions for the professionals who demand to deliver the highest quality design for top solutions. The new version provides users the ability to:
- Create imagery mosaics over rectangular regions, inside polygonal regions or along paths,
- Export georeferenced images and publish object or whole drawings from AutoCAD to Google Earth,
- Draw Placemarks, Polygons and Paths through AutoCAD or digitize objects and geographic entities directly from Google Earth,
- Import terrain points and contour lines from Google Earth, using one of the available tools to fit it in any project site.
- Create surfaces using survey or design data (points, breaklines, elevation texts, outer and inner boundaries),
- Build contour lines at custom intervals,
- Calculate volume between surfaces and planes,
- Work with surfaces from AutoCAD Civil 3D or with triangulation from third party programs, even if you are working in the basic AutoCAD product.
The Autodesk products that are currently supported in Plex.Earth Tools 2.0 are AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Architecture, to all the language versions 2010 & 2011.
The public beta of Plex.Earth Tools 2.0 will remain active and completely free until the commercial version has shipped.
More information, demo video and downloads are available through our website:
Plexscape is a software start-up company developing innovative solutions and services in the fields of civil and environmental engineering, and geoinformatics. Plexscape is an Autodesk Authorized Developer and is participating in the Microsoft BizSpark.
Plexscape is a registered trademark in the European Union and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.